Alphalake Ai is a managed automation and AI services company driving digital health transformation in healthcare and life science. We specialise in intelligent automation, RPA, data and decision making science, AI app development and remote working solutions, with our biggest customer being the NHS in the UK whilst exploring new markets such as the Middle East and Australia. We have a team who work in India with a view to establishing India as a global tech support hub for our aspiring global business.
We support our customers in four key areas:
- Intelligent Automation
- Application Integration
- Data Science
- Digital Health
Global Team on a Mission
We are an established start-up, working as a tight-knit team across the UK, UAE, India and Australia. Being midway through our second operational year, we are getting some real momentum. As a health technology service company, we are working hard to deliver much-needed efficiency in these challenging times. As the demand for health services grows, we are investing in our team to grow the business and do our part to improve health equity through technology.
We are looking for an experienced salesperson / account manager to join our UK Client team as a Customer Success Manager who will focus on the UK Healthcare market.
Working for a start-up, the successful candidate needs to be an internally motivated self-starter who is good at problem solving and happy to give anything a go. At all levels of the organisation, we pitch in and share ideas or help out to get things done.
The successful candidate will be a key and highly valued member of the international sales and solutions team helping to uncover leads in the NHS and UK Healthcare. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing NHS Trusts and Healthcare-linked organisations that fall into one of 3 geographical regions where Alphalake is not yet represented. The successful candidate may be asked to cover 1 or more regions. Our regions align with NHS England’s 7 regions; North East, North West, Midlands, East of England, London, South West and South East.
The role requires management of the full sales cycle from a finding a lead directly and/or qualifying a lead from marketing through to coordinating the solution sales cycle with our specialist consultants and/or our platform partners through to closure. The Customer Success Manager will maintain a relationship with the customer after a project has been closed to ensure they are happy with their implementation and to increase the likelihood of winning a service renewal or future projects.
You will be curious and interested in technology and thrive working as part of a team that is at the most modern edge of business, technology and digital health innovation. Working in a fast-paced technology company that dares to be bold and unconventional should excite you. You must be someone who is always asking whether technology or process can improve an outcome. The successful candidate benefits from working very closely with the Alphalake founders, providing a high level of exposure to experienced business leaders, gaining valuable multifaceted business experience often not possible in larger organisations. The successful candidate will have an interest in how healthcare is delivered and be driven to make a positive impact through the work they do, whilst also being career motivated themselves. The role reports into Alphalake’s UK-based CEO who leads client development and projects.
Summary Of The Role
- To proactively seek new business at every opportunity
- Consistently convert new leads into spending accounts
- High levels of proactive outreach is required across LinkedIn and also Twitter for “social selling” into the Digital Health sector.
- Comfortable building relationships via WhatsApp, Email and telephone.
- Connecting with and engaging decision makers and influencers in healthcare and life sciences in tech, finance, HR leadership roles.
- Connecting, following, commenting on and resharing of posts from prospect contacts and organisations will come naturally to the successful candidate, whilst depositing marketing collateral to directly to prospects including content from Alphalake directly, its partners and interesting industry news and opinion to spark debate and build rapport. Alphalake marketing supports the Customer Success team with White Papers, Research, Market Reports, Thought-leading blogs, articles, infographics, video content and promotions.
- To execute the brand-specific strategy developed with the senior management team
- Carrying out sales calls via phone, video conference, demos and in-person
- Taking a keen interest in the technology and solution we sell, but also the competition to have a broad sense of the industry
- Keeping abreast of emerging technology and innovation in healthcare and life sciences
- Understanding the value of if not the technical complexity of data insights, processing and data science support the Data Consulting arm of the business
- Building strong relationships with key clients on various levels in end user and channel companies
- Building and managing a portfolio of accounts to manage through an account management plan
- Working remotely across modern sales, marketing and collaboration tools.
- Talking confidently to the customers about the solutions and products the company offers, as a result of product training provided
- Providing business proposals with support from a team of specialised consultants to assist with pre-sales and solution design.
- Conducting market research activity and keeping abreast through social channels emerging solution in the digital health industry
- Be comfortable working towards goals, deadlines and KPI targets.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a business to business (B2B) client-facing role is required with working in digital health or NHS / healthcare seen as a strong advantage.
- Strong communication skills and a love of working with people, in order to uncover and nurture new client relationships is required.
- Strong relationship-building skills are required.
- Be able to quickly produce quotes using our cutting edge sales automation platform.
- Be available to meet customer needs during business hours and liaise with the suppliers and tech partners to obtain the best possible pricing
- Be comfortable dealing with one minute handling requests for low value IT products whilst being unafraid to be commercially engaged with projects that can be over £250,000 in value.
- Strong commercial awareness and a head for numbers.
- Self-discipline and inner drive to succeed within a growing start-up where everyone pitches in with various areas of the business is required.
- A passion for innovation and technology. An interest in or understanding of RPA and automation would be a strong advantage although not essential.
- Capable of complex solution sales is required.
- Experience working in the health sector would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience working with business collaboration tools such as Google Chat, HubSpot, Trello, Teams would be helpful.
- Experience delivering high quality service and results to clients while meeting business targets.
- Attention to detail and good project management skills to manage the pitch process and ongoing client relationships is required.
- A high standard of business-level proficiency in English is required. With much emphasis now on building relationships remotely across digital forums, a proven ability to build a rapport in written email and messages is essential.